Friday, September 4, 2009

Splendid Pizza Pie

Proto's Pizzeria Napoletana located on 15th and Platte is an established treasure. While not a new restaurant, I always find myself pleasantly surprised by their offerings. When I went there for lunch today, I did not plan to post about my experience However, after a delicious meal I wanted to share my pleasing experience with all of my faithful followers (one anonymous follower, to be exact).

Upon arriving at the airy, streetside establishment along the banks of the South Platte River, I was reminded of how much I enjoy this area. Today was a unique lunch, as I was dining with seven other coworkers. While I was concerned about Proto's ability to accommodate us, they were unphased and had our table ready immediately. Our friendly waiter was a beefy fellow who aimed to please. He was quick to take our order and tended to all of our needs, which were plenty, seeing as how we were a group of eight women.

After throroughly studying the menu (online, before arriving and once we arrived as a refresher) we decided upon sharing several delectable pies. My favorite was The Lowrider, topped with bacon, pineapple, honey tomato chipotle sauce, cilantro, and cheese. The traditional italian thin crust, made for a wonderful canvas to cover with some of the best ingredients in the world...bacon, cilantro, and chipotle. In addition to this masterpiece, we gorged ourselves on The Proto - sausage, basil, mozzarella, tomato sauce; The Pontiff - spinach, feta, sundried tomato, olive oil and a special pizza that is not on the menu, LASAGNA. What?!?! Yes, that's right...lasagna pizza. Hell yes! It was soooo good. Topped with mini meatballs, mozzarella, ricotta, and tomato sauce, I couldn't get enough. I highly recommend that everyone get their booty into Proto's to try this slice of heaven before it's discontinued.

After completely stuffing myself like the indulgent carnivore that I am, I was unable to treat myself to their tempting Gelato for fear that I wouldn't fit into my pants if I did. I guess I will just have to pay Proto's another visit, and this time I will wear sweatpants. Two words...elastic - waistband!

No comments:

Post a Comment